Facilities Management is dedicated to serving our campus and community by providing
our services towards the everyday functionality of the University of Texas at Dallas.
In support of this, the Facilities Management Work Order Center is here for you!
- Let us help you! Tell us if you find a maintenance issue on campus
that needs to be addressed.
- Some jobs are bigger than others… but what’s the difference between Reporting a Problem and Making a Work Request?
What is considered general repair or billable work?
- So you have a job that requires a Work Request, but you’re not sure how
to fill one out. Whether it’s your first time, or you just need a refresher…
here’s how to fill out the Work Request Form.
- Have a Billing Inquiry? Need an invoice or receipt
for your Work Order? We can help you with that!
- You have the power too! Want to make sure your Work Request was processed
to your satisfaction? You can go on to our operating system, AiM: AssetWORKS, and see what’s going on
with your Work Order. Make sure you request access first!
- Have we missed anything? See our FAQs to find what you’re looking for.
Welcome to the Facilities Management Work Order Center!
Report a Problem vs. Make a Work Request
Not sure what is considered billable work and what is not? Do you just call in
the problem or do you send in a Work Request Form (online/PDF)?
A Few Pointers
- Most, if not all, issues reported for the Activity Center (AB), Recreation Center West (RCW),
Student Services Building (SSB),
Student Services Building Addition (SSA), Student Union (SU), Dining Hall West (DHW),
Parking Structure 1 (PS1),
Parking Structure 3 (PS3), and Parking Structure 4 (PS4)
will be billable requests.
- General reports regarding plumbing and lighting/outages are non-billable
(except for the buildings listed above)
- General reports regarding spot cleaning, refilling restroom items, carpet shampooing,
vacuuming, interior window cleaning, and stripping & waxing floors are all
- Requests to changes in temperature are all non-billable. (If there is a repair
necessary the buildings listed above will be billable; all others are non-billable.)
- Estimates for requested work are non-billable but do need a Work Request Form (online/PDF). However, when the job estimate
is approved it will be billable.
“When in doubt, send a work request.” If you’d rather not
send a work request, give us a call and report the issue; we’ll let you know
if we need a Work Request Form (online/PDF).
Billable Work Examples
|Report the Problem: Give Us a Call
||Work Request Form
||Assembly / Installation / Construction
|Sink Not Draining
|Sewer Gas Smell
|Light Bulb Out / Re-lamp
||Event Custodial Services
||Signs / Nameplates
||Dining / Retail Work
Temperature - Hot/Cold
EMS [Energy Management Services]
|Bird in Building
|Dead Animal on Premise
|Tree Branch Trimming
|Spills, Water on Floor
The Work Request Form
For billable jobs, and estimates, you will need to submit a Work Request Form (online/PDF) to the Facilities Management
Work Order Center.
Please refer to these important points when filling out our Work Request Form (online/PDF).
- “Contact” information needs to be filled out entirely.
The “Contact” is the primary contact on a Work Order, and the Requestor
is secondary contact.
- Cost Center number and Signature Authority signature. The person signing the form
at the bottom needs to have signature authority on the cost center provided in the
first section. (You will hear from us to confirm if the Signature Authority
is not listed on our PeopleSoft list of approvers).
- “Location of Work” information needs to be filled out entirely.
Make sure the location is clearly indicated so there is no risk of misinterpreting
where you want us to go for the necessary maintenance, move, or event.
- Dates & Times are very important, so is where you indicate it on your form.
- “Move Support” are for scheduled moves or crate requests.
- “Special Event” are for events. Fill out Start/End date
& times, Set up date & time, and Takedown date & time.
All are important!
- Details… be specific; what you would like us to do?
Be clear and concise. Space between tasks if there are multiples.
- Read the bottom of the form! Here is where we keep important information
you need to know. It tells you how to send your request, our work hours and notice
of overtime, late fees for move/event requests turned in under 48 hours’
notice, and our disclaimer in red. Please read everything provided
What You Need to Know About Moves
- Please review the
Move Support Checklist and Disclaimer (PDF [Portable Document Format File] ).
- To Surplus: Non-billable as long as there is no specified date (Moves
to Surplus from the billable buildings, mentioned before, are always billable moves).
- From Surplus: always billable.
- From building to building/room to room: always billable.
For all campus moves, Facilities Management gladly provides containers
(crates) of uniform size to allow for ease in handling and added convenience
when packing. Normally, crates are provided to each department one week prior to their
intended move, and are expected to be unpacked and ready for pick up within a week after
completion of the move. Due to delayed return of borrowed crates and/or dollies,
it has become necessary for Facilities Management to recoup charges to replace those
items as indicated below:
- Lost or unreturned crate = $43.50 each
- Lost or unreturned dolly = $51.25 each
If Facilities Management has not been notified via email to the firstname.lastname@example.org
inbox (to track confirmation of such notification) to retrieve our empty
crates and dollies, each unreturned item will be deemed as lost. Two weeks after
the move, any lost or unreturned crates or dollies will be billed at replacement
cost to the account number on the work order. Your promptness in returning our
crates allows us to better serve our customers, and we appreciate your efforts
in keeping replacement costs to a minimum.
Cardboard boxes are available for purchase at $2 each + 0.5hr delivery fee,
as an alternative to our crates. These are to keep for however long you wish.
- If you need to revise or cancel work, send it via email.
What You Need to Know About Events
- Before planning an event, please visit the Event Planning Guide on the University website.
It is a very useful tool in helping you plan your event appropriately.
- If you need to revise or cancel work, send it via email.
- Facilities Management’s rate for event services between the hours of
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, is $42 per
hour, per crewperson. (Setup and Takedowns require a minimum of two crewpersons
each.) The overtime rate of service outside of these business hours is $63
per hour, per crewperson. Call-out services for nights and/or weekends will be
billed a minimum of three overtime hours per crewperson.
- All services provided by Facilities need 48 business hours prior notice
to support an event. Failure to provide this notice will result in a $100
late fee per service.
- Events with a large head-count, providing food/drink, and/or taking place
outside Facilities business hours are required to submit a work request for
Custodial Services. The custodial contractor used for our campus has been contracted
for office style cleaning only, Sunday through Thursday. They are not equipped
or assigned to clean up after events, so please notify Facilities of your event
- For after-hours events, please notify Facilities if heating/air conditioning
or lighting is needed.
- Diagrams are always helpful, especially for events held in open areas, i.e.
outside or in building lobby/atrium areas. Please keep in mind the size
of the tables we provide with regards to the feasibility of your diagram.
- When reserving your room, always consider extra time for setup and takedown
around your event.
- Facilities Management does not equip the podiums with microphones. For a
podium microphone, or to request the use of the equipment in a podium you need
to contact Media Services.
- Setup for the Galaxy Rooms and the Faculty/Staff Dining Hall is handled
by the Student Union, not Facilities Management. They also have
their own stage. However, you will still need to submit a Work Request Form (online/PDF) for Custodial Services
should you meet the criteria listed above.
- Setup for the Davidson-Gundy Alumni Center is coordinated
directly through their operations manager unless otherwise instructed.
- Make sure that there are no plans for construction or remodeling in or around
your event space before you book it.
- Cocktail tables and staging are available for use but must be reserved
with University Events prior to submitting a Work Request Form (online/PDF). If approved by University Events,
your request for the Setup and Takedown of those reserved items can be included
along with your Facilities Work Request for other support services. University Event
request forms are available on the Cocktail Tables and Staging page.
Rates & Overtime
Working hours for the Facilities Management shops are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.
- 5:00 p.m. If work is requested immediately outside this timeframe (crew
is still on campus), the hourly overtime rate per crewman will apply. An automatic
three hour minimum overtime rate per crewman will apply when called out or scheduled to
come back out on weekday evenings, and on weekends.
Effective September 1, 2022: Facilities Management’s hourly rate will change
to the following rates:
FM Hourly Rates
* [Most jobs require a minimum of two crewman per job]
||Regular Hourly Labor Rate
||Overtime Hourly Labor Rate
|* Most jobs require a minimum of two crewman per job.|
|Plumbing, Electrical, & EMS
|All Other Shops
Job Estimates / Quotes
- If you are requesting an estimate/quote on a particular maintenance/repair
job, please send in a work request form (you may leave off the cost center number
at this stage) and specify “QUOTE” in the Project Name.
- All estimates/quotes are sent to the Work Order Center to be processed
into a work order, and is then directed to the appropriate shop supervisor(s)
- The shop supervisor(s) will reach out to the work order contact with a
- If the quote and work is approved a cost center will need to be provided
by the person with signature authority.
Print Your AiM Work Order Invoice
To access AiM, use either the Internet Explorer® or Mozilla Firefox® web browser.
In your browser’s address bar, enter: https://facmgmt.utdallas.edu/fmax/screen/WORKDESK.
You will be prompted to enter your current UT Dallas NetID and password.
Once AiM has fully loaded, select “WORK MANAGEMENT” at the top of the Menu box;
then select “WORK ORDER”.
In the lower right-hand corner of the WORK ORDER screen, a box is provided for you
to enter your 8-digit work order number, inserting a hyphen prior to the last two digits
(Example: 146300-16). Select the magnifying glass next to the box
to access the work order.
After your Work Order has populated, select “Cost Analysis” from the
“View” section provided down the left side of the screen, for charges
currently posted to the entire Work Order. For charges posted to a specific phase number,
select phase number (Example: 001, 002, 003, etc…) and then select
“Cost Analysis” from the “View” section provided down
the left side of the screen.
Billed Work Order phases will indicate “95-Billed/Closed”.
If a Work Order phase is not in “95-Billed/Closed” status,
then charges may not be complete for that phase. Similarly, if a Work Order is not
in “Closed” status then charges may not be complete for the entire Work Order.
To print “Cost Analysis” amounts visible from the Work Order screen:
Maximize your web browser window, select the Print Screen key at the top right-hand
side of your keyboard, open a Microsoft Word® document, right-click on your mouse
over the blank page and select Paste.
If you are viewing multiple work orders, return to the Work Order screen by selecting
“Back” at the top left of the screen until you are able to key in the next
work order number in the box provided at the bottom left of the page and select
the magnifying glass to access it.
Getting access to AiM: If you have not already done so, request access to AiM. Once you receive an email
message confirming your access, log on to AiM.